Thursday, June 28, 2012

Casey Burns Reflection


Coming back home I am definitely a different person than I was before.
Whenever I am telling people about my trip I make sure to tell the the
stories that we heard from the Palestinians, but not everyone agrees
with me. It makes me sad that Americans have so much hate towards
Muslims because not all of them are the way that Muslims are portrayed
in the media. And to be honest, the people in Palestine were the
nicest people I have ever met, and I wish I could say that Americans
treated others as kindly. The Palestinians have a right to be mad at
Americans because the United States is funding Israel, but they are
not. These people have truly inspired me to be a better person.
Hearing all of the horrible stories of what is going on in this
country makes me upset, but I am happy to know that I can help by
spreading the word for them. I now realize that I should not take
anything for granted because I am able to live freely, unlike the
Palestinians.

Another thing that disturbed me was that there is only one special
education school in that area. I cannot believe that there are no
schools to help children with difficulties. Though the school that we
visited was absolutely wonderful, it can't hold every single student
in the country with special needs. That school is also just for
children with ADD or dyslexia. What about the children with Down’s
Syndrome? It is very sad that special needs children do not have the
same educational opportunities as students without disabilities.

All in all, this was an amazing trip and I am so sad that it is over.
I'm not sure how any other trip will be able to beat this one, but we
will see! I honestly am a changed person and extremely thankful
for everything that I have and the opportunities given to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment